Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sandcastle

Of all the grain in the sand by the beach
I have skimmed the best.
Just the very best, under the scorching blinding sun.

As slow as I can, I pressed my hands on the surface
Patching up holes, fortifying the layers
Of the walls, built by guilt and doubtful thoughts
With confidence, and make believe imaginations

Here, in the humongous yet fragile sandcastle,
I have built us a world.
A beacon of hope, a world filled with dreams and faith.
As fragile as it seems, it is the best of all monuments
I can ever build in thousands of years.

Because faith, no matter how fragile it seems to be, is worth fighting for.

As I imagine the tiny us,
 walking hand in hand through the shades of corridors inside,
Enjoying the view of the world, the sweet scent of the ocean,
Counting countless tiny seashells on the walls
Like our endless love.

Though waves will wash everything away,
Yet I shall remain here,
Waiting,
To build everything all over again.

Even on a wreck,
I will crawl
Just to write our names on the sand

For you, for us.

No comments:

...are you lost, or incomplete?

Custom Search