Monday, July 12, 2010

Que Sera Sera, Brother.

It was a cool set for Beatburns yesterday.

For the first time ever, I felt content with my condition despite Izrul's Paulie did encountered few minor problems. The trick was simple - relax.

One solution towards all problems in the world. Perhaps, the only answer.

A friend of mine, a good friend of mine, texted me somewhere when I was about to sail away to the Neverland last night. As always, the boarding ship was delayed. But yeah, what else can you offer a friend in need, other than yourself? And then I told him, I got less than 10 cent to reply his text, before he decided to call me. Aight, better.

So off we went into a deep conversation, mainly about his life. About his family. About his unrequited love. About his fucked up friends.

Most of the time, I kept myself quiet. I did shove a few points, 'and then's, 'how come's, et cetera.

I'm not a certified counselor, truth to be known. But I find most people (or friends) would look out for me in time they need someone to talk to. Well, karma works - the only, least creed code that I have faith in these very days.

I've tried not to storm him with cliches like "chill dude, you need to relax, take things one by one, slow down, this will get better soon".

But I came to a point that made him stopped for a while, when I shove him a question, "In between those efforts you made for other people to keep them happy, what effort did you pull to make YOURSELF happy?".

Wow, that's kinda two way bitchhhhslap in my fffhace. I think I chipped a tooth as well. Ouch.

Then we went to few lighter subjects before we ended the convo, and he thanked me. No sweat, pal. Anything for a friend.

It took me about an hour, probably more, to restore his faith in happiness. Although, I can assure this, that I am not, indeed, happy. But at least I am content with it. Yesssssss. Contentttttt.

"The happiest people don't worry too much about whether life is fair or not, they just get on with it"
- Andrew Matthews, my all time favorite bestselling motivator.

Life IS a bitch. They won't play fair, at least that's what I've learnt throughout all these tormenting years. You just need to do better to overcome the cheating. You got backstabbed by someone, eventually you'll heal. You got your money stolen, you'll gain more soon. You love someone and put a neverending effort to make her happy, she'll come around her senses one day.

Things do come around. When or where - you don't need to give a fuck. It will.

I'm just doing my part, brother. You just need to relax and drink more coffee.

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened by that. Happiness never decreases by being shared"
- Buddha.


Que sera, sera.

No comments:

...are you lost, or incomplete?

Custom Search